Dr. Lisa Terrell
In 1996, Lisa Terrell left hospital nursing and management to open her private counseling practice called Lydia's Loom Counseling. Dr. Lisa Terrell has over 23 years of experience working as a marriage counselor, sex therapist, and registered nurse. She provides psychotherapy and sex therapy to individuals, couples, and groups with specialization in personal development, couple dynamics, intimacy work, and distressed marriages.
In October of 2007 she expanded beyond her sole practice to form Sensovi Institute, a "healthy relationship and sexuality resource." At the core, Sensovi Institute is about helping people "Connect, Learn, Renew, and Enjoy" their lives. Dr. Lisa's experience, approaches and proven techniques have become innovative tools that impact men and women everywhere. Sensovi staff members and consultants have been chosen because of their high level of expertise and ability to exemplify a passion for helping people.
Sensovi Institute also continues the mentoring tradition of Charlotte Sexual Health. Founded by Dr. Lisa in 2001, this monthly meeting for health care professionals continues to increase its influence on sexual health training and initiatives for Charlotte's health care community and the community at large.
Dr. Lisa's knowledge and experience has spurred her development of numerous seminars and classes, some of which include: Boot Camp for Relationships, Sex Smart!, Desire and Arousal classes, Club3D Intimacy Weekend for Couples, Teens & Sexuality, and The “P” Word - Understanding Pornography.
Dr. Lisa is frequently asked to participate as an expert in television, radio, and internet blogs where her excitement and wisdom about healthy relationships and sexuality is evident.
She is the author of the book Snow People World: Healthy and Happy Relationships.
Lisa lives in Charlotte, North Carolina, with her husband Rick and their two sons.
- DHS Doctor of Human Sexuality, Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality (IASHS), 2007.
- MA Community Counseling, Andrews University, 1994.
- BSN Nursing, Andrews University, 1991.
Licenses and Certifications
- NCC National Certified Counselor #39638. National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC).
- LPC Licensed Professional Counselor #3719. North Carolina Board of Licensed Professional Counselors (NCBLPC).
- CST Certified Sex Therapist and Member of the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT).
- RN Registered Nurse, #168976. North Carolina Board of Nursing (NCBON).
- CCS Certified Clinical Sexologist, American College of Sexologists